TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We’ve put together this guide on our terms and conditions to cover any Willow Tree order, be it placed online, over the phone or in one of our showrooms – they might change from time to time, in which case you’ll be able to find an updated version on our website. We’ve tried to keep it as short as possible, and as free from technical speak and legalese as we can. We suggest that you have a quick look through now then file it away in a safe place just in case you have any questions down the line – although we hope that you won’t.
The legal bit
It’s quite important to say that we’re not liable for any indirect losses, such as losses of revenue or profits, which are not reasonably foreseeable when you place your order (except for personal injury or fraud). This also includes any losses caused by us not being able to meet our obligations because of things outside our control.
Sometimes we provide care guides with our designs that advise you on how best to take care of them. We’re therefore not liable for any faults that may arise in your piece that have resulted from not following these guides.
By making a purchase from us, you undertake that all products ordered are for your own use and not under any circumstances for resale.
Willowtreeinteriors.com and all Willow Tree Retail stores are part of Willow Tree Interiors Ltd. Our registered office is at Unit H3, Swallow Business Park, Diamond Drive, Lower Dicker, East Sussex, BN27 4EL. You can contact us in writing, by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (+44 1435 863844) should you have any queries.
These terms fall under English law and the jurisdiction of the English courts.
About the designs
All designs and drawings that are tailored to your space are free of charge but if you require to take them away with you there will be a £200.00 (plus Vat) fee. If you decided to proceed with the project through Willow Tree Interiors, this fee will be deducted from your final Invoice.
Our designs, from tables to flooring to paint, are made from natural materials wherever we can. Changes in colour, texture and wood grain, as well as slubs in fabrics, are just a lovely characteristic of this.
When it comes to paint in particular, colours are likely to change over time as they respond to sunlight exposure and moisture content in the air. Because Mylands paint is produced using natural pigments and materials, there can be some colour variance across different batches too. When more than one tin of the same colour is to be used, we recommend that the tins are mixed together beforehand. And when redecorating a previously painted area, we advise completely repainting rather than ‘spot’ repairing for the most consistent finish.
We always try our best to make sure that the descriptions, images and prices on our website and in our literature are accurate. Sometimes we can’t control this (for instance, computer monitors can affect colour), but if you spot something that you think is amiss, let us know and we’ll try to solve it as soon as possible.
It’s also just worth pointing out that our ex-display pieces are sold as seen and might have the odd knock or bump on them.
When you’re placing an order for any of our furniture, accessories or home decorating materials, we’ll ask for the full amount to be paid at that time. But, if you place your order in any Willow Tree store and it won’t be delivered for another eight weeks or more, we’re more than happy to take a 50% deposit should you prefer. We’ll then just ask for the remaining half to be paid 21 days before your delivery date.
If we’re creating a bespoke piece for you, we’ll ask for the full amount when you place your order, no matter the lead time. This is because we start making these pieces within 48 hours of the order being placed.
Things are a little bit different when it comes to kitchens, but everything you need to know about placing your kitchen order is below.
Ordering your kitchen
We know you’re very excited about your new kitchen, but there are a few bits of paperwork that we’ll need to make sure you’ve signed first. This includes a copy of these terms, as well as any separate terms for installation and your work surfaces, plus the plan and quote that we’ll have put together for you.
1. A non-refundable deposit of 10% of the total is due at the time of accepting the quote with the 50% required for the cabinets, appliances and work surfaces at least 5 days prior to production starting. 30% is then required no later than 2 days prior to delivery. The final 10% and any extras included is payable on completion no later than 5 working days, see points 2 and
3. Unless supply only when the balance is due 2 days prior to delivery from the 60% point. All items remain the property of Willow Tree Interiors Ltd until paid for in full.
2. Any extras deemed chargeable by Willow Tree Interiors Ltd which may include building, plumbing, electrical, cleaning, drawings and decorating which are required to complete the job will be done so at the rate of £55 (plus VAT) an hour with or without consent of the customer verbally or written. If consent is needed in the form of a quote a new invoice will be written up for the new job.
3. Unless there is a legitimate reason for not being able to pay the invoice on time due to death or severe illness payment for the final invoice which may include any extras is to be made no later than 5 working days. Interest of 2% per day, after the 5 day initial period if payment isn’t made. Thereafter 30 days this increases to 10%.
4. Any damage or imperfections that require repair or cleaning, caused by the customer or 3rd parties which are not members of Willow Tree Interiors Ltd during the fitting stage will be charged at £55 per hour + materials (plus VAT) for the rectification.
5. Any delays or extras which are caused by 3rd parties e.g electricians and builders will be charged to you the customer and it will be down to you to claim back from them the cost if so desired.
6. By agreeing the agreement/terms and conditions you agree for Willow Tree Interiors Ltd or a 3rd party photographer to take pictures and videography of the work completed and be used by us or chosen 3rd parties at our own discretion. You the customer therefore agree we do need a property release or form of contract unless specifically requested.
7. Payments are to be made by cheque, payable to “ Willow Tree Interiors Ltd.” or via bank transfer. Accounts details can be requested from email@example.com
8. After the kitchen or piece of furniture has been placed on order, a member of Willow Tree Interiors Ltd will be in contact to arrange a delivery date, if a date has not already been set.
9. Estimates for delivery are only approximate and must be treated as such. Many different factors can have an adverse affect on manufacture/delivery, but rest assured we would do everything in our power to get your furniture ready as soon as we can. We can not be held responsible for any loss or damage related to any reasonable delay.
10. When a delivery is due, if the customer is not in a position to take delivery, Willow Tree Interiors Ltd reserve the right to charge storage at the rate of £200 (plus VAT) per week.
11. If the agreed delivery date is cancelled with less than 7 days notice, or Willow Tree Interiors Ltd cannot deliver the kitchen or furniture due to the fault of the customer, we reserve the right the right to charge £200 (plus VAT) to cover costs. A new delivery date should be organized and the same rights apply.
12. Unless surveyed by a member of Willow Tree Interiors Ltd, it is the customers’ responsibility to ensure that the kitchen will fit into the space allowed.
13. It is the customers’ responsibility to check ceiling heights and doorway access, especially if purchasing tall cabinets and/or dresser cabinets, as all are supplied fully constructed.
14. Every kitchen cabinet or piece of furniture is handmade and because of this every cabinet may show slight differences. Each painted kitchen is painted using a rich water based eggshell paint and therefore, in some circumstances, there may be a very slight colour variation between cabinets. Natural timber kitchens or furniture such as solid oak will also display variation of wood grain and colour inherent in natural wood.
15. Furniture Painted in a Dark Colour will have a surcharge fee of 5% of the grand total (cabinetry only) unless otherwise agreed/stated in the quotation.
16. Willow Tree Interiors Ltd may from time to time alter specification of goods. All dimensions, either quoted, specified, or asked for, are approximate only.
17. Due to climate change and central heating you may find swelling on doors and drawers, this is normal with a natural product. Generally goods will rectify themselves within 7 to 10 days. Willow Tree Interiors Ltd are not at fault for this, and as such do not force anything into place. We recommend fitting the kitchen cabinets once the room has received adequate time to dry if any building works such as plastering have occurred.
18. Movement, knots, graining and colour variations are all characteristics of solid wood and should be viewed as such, not as imperfections.
19. Our appliance cabinets are guaranteed to fit the appliances we recommend. We cannot guarantee that all brands of appliances will be compatible with our cabinets.
20. Unless Willow Tree Interiors Ltd is fitting the kitchen or piece of furniture, the customer is responsible for checking all the items against the order form on delivery including colour of cabinets, handles and quantities.
21. It is the customers responsibly to ensure that there is sufficient room to store the kitchen on delivery.
22. Willow Tree Interiors Ltd accept no responsibility for damage found to cabinets after they have been installed and the customer has signed the fitting completion form.
23. We recommend that Willow Tree Interiors Ltd fit all cabinets due the fact they built using traditional methods and do not have adjustable feet. On average a kitchen will take 2 weeks to install. If the customer is using their own fitter and not Willow Tree Interiors Ltd, your contract is for “supply only” of the kitchen cabinets, and does not extend in any way to the fitting of those cabinets. Willow Tree Interiors Ltd cannot take any responsibility for damage when fitted by external fitters to the company.
24. Unless discussed, the estimate will only include the fitting/connecting/plumbing of appliances supplied by Willow Tree Interiors Ltd to existing utilities. Any additional sockets, wiring or pipe work required will be charged as extra.
25. Any drawings or plans will not be copied or reproduced in any way without written consent from Willow Tree Interiors Ltd, If you decide not to go ahead with the quote then we require any drawings or plans to be returned to us within 5 working days or we reserve the right to charge at the rate of £350 + VAT per sheet of A3 Drawing. A written signature is NOT required by the customer for the terms of drawings and plans to bind them. If it comes to Willow Tree Interiors Ltd attention that the drawings or plans have been replicated in any way for the benefit of the customer and they decide not to use the services provided a charge of £350 + VAT will be made to cover time and loss of earnings whilst having consultations. The Willow Tree Workshop is a trading division of Willow Tree Interiors Ltd.
We know that life can be busy, and waiting in for a delivery can get in the way. That’s why, for any order delivered with our white glove service, we’ll let you know a date two weeks before we deliver. We’ll also give you a call on the day with a more precise time. If your pieces are on the smaller side, we’ll deliver them through one of our approved couriers.
Please just make doubly sure your new piece will fit through doorways and tight turns, up staircases and underneath ceilings, and if door frames, windows or banisters needs to be removed to get it in, that you do this before we arrive.
While we’ll always do our very best to make sure your order is delivered on the day we say it will be, very rarely unforeseen delays can happen. It goes without saying that we’ll reschedule as soon as possible. Also, it can occasionally take us a bit longer to deliver to remote locations, such as the Scottish Highlands. And sometimes deliveries can come from different locations and arrive separately, but you won’t be charged extra for this.
Should you be ordering from outside mainland UK (e.g. Channel Islands, Isles of Scilly and Isle of Man) or even further afield, all items will be sent through our carefully selected international delivery partners, so we’re not able to offer our Willow Tree White Glove Service.
Cancellations and returns
While we hope that you’ll be thrilled with your new Willow Tree design, if you’re not that’s fine too.
We have a no-quibbles returns policy, and we’ll happily take back any piece that isn’t bespoke within 28 days of when we delivered it, as long as it’s in its original packaging (unless we took this away for you) and without any signs of use. The only exceptions are bespoke and ex-display designs, which we’re not able to take back or refund unless they’re faulty.
To arrange a return just call us on 01435 863844, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit any standalone Willow Tree store if you’re returning an accessory or smaller item. If you purchased an accessory in-store that you’d like to return you can do this at any of our stores.
When it comes to fitted items (kitchens, bathroom cabinets, etc), bespoke pieces and Willow Tree bespoke designs, there are a few differences. You can return any non-bespoke pieces just the same as everything else, as long as they haven’t been fitted and are in their original packaging. If they’ve been taken out of their packaging, we’re afraid that «RegisteredOffice»
we’re only able to refund 70% of the price you paid as it’s our policy that these pieces are re-sold at a reduced price. And, due to their custom nature, bespoke designs can’t be returned.
Of course, the exception to this is if there are any faults, knocks or bumps to your piece that we’ve caused.
Rest assured that your statutory rights are unaffected.
A note on timber
It’s natural for wood to move a little. You might notice that your cupboard doors and drawers shift slightly, and small cracks may appear. It’s just the timber adjusting to the temperature and humidity of your home. We can put doors and drawers back into place – just get in touch with the store you bought your kitchen from.
The things we don’t cover
• Pieces that you’ve changed or repaired yourself
• Accidental damage, or anything that you’ve caused by neglecting your piece or not following our care guide. We can always help repair the damage, there might just be a small fee – we’ll be able to tell you more when you get in touch with us
• Normal wear and tear (like dents and scratches)
• Natural changes, like fading and cracking in timber, and colour changes in fabric and paint
• Rust damage – it’s easy to avoid, and we’ve included advice in our care guides
• Appliances, sinks and taps from another company
• If you take your piece outside the country you bought it from, or use it somewhere that’s not a home
• Ex-display pieces
• We cannot be held liable for any costs involved in removing and reinstalling any part of the kitchen and /or furniture to accommodate a damaged item i.e. a faulty sink to be replaced.
Marble is a product of nature, with natural products there are some qualities of the material and fabrication that must be understood by the owner including:
All natural stone colours are species of natural materials and as a result colouration, veining and texture – i.e. pitts, fissures and fragmentation, will vary from samples and are an inherent part of the finished product.
Natural stone thickness may vary from slab to slab, even within the same species of stone. For example, 3cm product is a nominal 30mm thick, + / – 7mm and 2cm product is a nominal 20mm thick, + / – 4mm.
Whilst all marble countertops are sealed after fabrication in order to help reduce the natural porosity of the stone, all pieces of marble will still be susceptible to staining. ParkerHowley&co will not be responsible for any stains that may occur.
Willow Tree Interiors Ltd is not responsible for any cracks, stains, breakage or fissures that may occur after the product has been accepted.
Marble products ordered at a later date may be more expensive and there is no guarantee it will match original stone.
If we can’t repair your piece, we’ll replace it with the same design or one that’s similar.
It’s best to keep your receipt – we might need to see it if you bought your piece from one of our partner stores.
We’re just a phone call (or email) away if you have any questions.
The terms and conditions that apply to all
Aside from what we’ve already mentioned, there are a few things that apply to all our guarantees.
• If your piece has been modified or repaired by anyone other than our team, then the guarantee will no longer apply. The same goes for if it’s been handled carelessly, damaged on purpose, neglected, or used in a way that’s out of the ordinary.
• We’ll always try to repair your piece first, but if we can’t do that we’ll replace it (or the specific part) with the same design. If you prefer, or if the same design is no longer available, we’ll replace it with a piece of the same value.
• Sometimes we’ll ask for proof of purchase.
• There are also a few things we can’t cover that we’ve highlighted here:
• Damage resulting from normal wear and tear (like dents and scratches), from not following our care guide, or from using something on your piece that we don’t recommend.
• Colour changes and fastness in textiles and paint (these will naturally change over time depending on storage conditions, natural light, etc.)
• Changes caused by the natural weathering process (such as fading, cracking and splitting)
• Rust damage from the piece being left in an unsuitable place (it’s also quite natural for surface rust to appear on your outdoor furniture, and it can be easily prevented or removed – something we advise on in our care guides – which is why we don’t cover it in our guarantees)
• Appliances, sinks and taps from another company (these may be covered by their maker’s guarantee)